Pages

Monday 19 October 2020

Tokelau facts

  1. Tokelau has another name its ˈtoʊkəlaʊ or the Union Islands


  1. Traditionally, Samoa, the Cook Islands, and Tuvalu have all been described as' homelands' by the people of Tokelau. The historical evidence available at the time of first European contact with the islands of Tokelau indicates a system of village


  1. Since 1889, the external or international aspect of the Tokelau government has been dealt with by a variety of nonTokelau mechanisms. 


  1. A new element of indirect control has come in the late 20th century through the allocation of economic assistance by the Government of New Zealand. 


  1. on 29 February 1916. 7 The annexation followed the signing of a document by the Native Governments of the Union Islands‘ on 25-26 January 1916. That document, addressed to the King of England, stated that the rulers of Tokelau accepted British sovereignty 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.